Saturday, April 4, 2009

welcome to miami.

Winter Music Conference 2009 was no exception to the fact that MIA really pops off like in the Will Smith joint. Over a decade after the song was released, I still heard it in nearly every cab I took. The trip was filled with sun, surf, spa, sippin', and sets by some of the world's most notable DJs. The party was pretty much non-stop so I'm just gonna talk about some of my favorite moments.

A lot of the action went down at the Gansevoort rooftop Plunge. This was an awesome spot because the ocean is in view, there is a rooftop pool, and, well, we saw Dennis Rodman. Ca$$idy and Fabiana DJed here on our last day in town.


The Scion parties were nice because they were in the sand. The high point of these two days was definitely the finale duo of A-track and DJ Mehdi.


My favorite parties were the Armani Exchange afternoon events and the Le Baron party at the Raleigh. Belvedere and Monster sponsored, to make things more amazing. Rye Rye stole the show with her performance at the AE party, reminding me why I love her so much. Le Baron featured Mattie Safer of The Rapture, DJ Medhi, and Erol Alkan. They killed it.


Before I knew it, it was our last night in Miami. Here we are sitting at Rokbar, anxiously awaiting heading to the Mad Decent party to see Diplo, etc. Lil' Jon ended up being the special guest. I especially enjoyed Trouble & Bass, though, because they had one of the most energetic performances I have ever seen. Rusko also delivered an impressive set, but I couldn't krump to it.


Mad Decent started to get a little bit out of control (i.e. man in a dress on a bicycle on some kind of psychedelic drug(s)) so we went back to crash at the hotel. The next night as my flight landed I was tuckered out and so happy just to see the Washington Monument blinking at me. But I won't forget my first trip to Miami: Party in the city where the heat is on.

LINKS:
Miami
Shake it to the Ground

No comments: