Thursday, June 24, 2010

the end of the "long-winded funeral".

Before last night, I have never gone into a show with such a mixture of anticipation & anxiety, excitement & melancholy. Seeing Voxtrot and knowing it was their last show was somber. I didn't know if they were going to play all the songs I wanted to hear, and I wanted to cement this band into my mind forever. Needless to say, I should have trusted Ramesh and his boys to put on their show.


Setlist:
1. introduction
2. firecracker
3. raised by wolves
4. kid gloves
5. your biggest fan
6. steven
7. soft & warm
8. mothers sisters daughters wives
9. trepanation party
10. rise up in the dirt
11. the start of something
12. berlin, without return
13. wrecking force
14. missing pieces [encore]

The only things I wish they'd played are "Trouble" and "Whiskey," but I took what I could get and am very pleased with what they chose. It was an energetic performance, and I was surprised to see how many new fans were in the audience. The crowd was very into it, and I was definitely singing along. As the night came to a close I started to get sad, but realized I will always have those memories of seeing them play at Siren Fest and the Cat. And I'm sure that Voxtrot will still play a big part in my music rotation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great show - to just be in a crowd where almost everyone was singing along was amazing and Voxtrot just had so much energy on stage. It really is too bad they're breaking up.