Wednesday, July 30, 2008

the mixed tape.

Making a mix cd is typically a complex art for me. I am torn between whether references are too obvious and whether the person I'm making the disc for will appreciate what I have to say with the music. I am not a great communicator, but I can give you an exact song for my emotions at the time. Below is the tracklisting for my end of summer mix 2008. It pinpoints the sadness of me leaving College Park for Carroll County and intertwines it with the happiness of me telling someone I'm glad we met.

1. the start of something- voxtrot
2. plastic hearts- dirty pretty things
3. here comes your man- pixies
4. bohemian like you- the dandy warhols
5. olympic airways- foals
6. kids- MGMT
7. summer babe- pavement
8. the d in detroit- the anniversary
9. the 15th- wire
10.and the washington monument blinks goodnight-q and not u
11. like a daydream- ride
12. hey boy- os mutantes
13. metal mickey- suede
14. st. pauli- art brut
15. after hours- we are scientists
16. happy when it rains- the jesus & mary chain
17. don't look back in anger- oasis
18. sedative- babyshambles
19. who'd of known- lily allen

No comments: