Friday, July 4, 2008

first post.

I have wanted to participate in a music blog for a while now. At this time, it seems that creating my own is the best option. As a lifelong music lover, singer, scholar, and DJ, I have a vast expanse of knowledge crammed into my memory. My goals for this blog are to find new music and share it, to include interviews and information on existing bands, and to comment on and critique shows I have attended.

Over the years, my musical interest has grown to include the genres of indie, hip-hop, britpop, shoegaze, and much more. I hope to expand this hobby into a career and I am excited to contribute what I know and love. Please comment on any topics you are interested in hearing about or shows you would like for me to cover. In turn, I will keep you up to date with amazing music and what events I will be attending. I intend to focus specifically on DC, but also on the other music that I am passionate about.

Some Artists I am Interested In:
100dBs, Babyshambles, Black Kids, Blur, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Dandy Warhols, Dirty Pretty Things, Felt, Foals, Jack's Mannequin, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Joy Division, Kanye West, Kate Bush, Kate Nash, The Kooks, LCD Soundsystem, The Libertines, Lil' Wayne, Lily Allen, The Notorious B.I.G., Patrick Wolf, Pavement, Pixies, Pulp, The Smiths, Suede, Tip "T.I." Harris, Tupac Shakur, Voxtrot, Wire, The Wu-Tang Clan.

No comments: