Monday, May 11, 2009

my thoughts are getting banal.

When I started REALLY listening to Blur, Parklife (1994) was my favorite of their albums and I still thought Oasis were the superior group. A lot has changed in the past 3 years. I adore Blur and cannot stop revisiting Modern Life Is Rubbish (1993). Every song is meticulous. In fact, my blog name comes from the line "She's a twentieth century girl" out of "For Tomorrow."


I would really love to see Damon Albarn, Graham Coxon, Alex James, & Dave Rowntree performing together again. I'll leave the music to speak for itself, and conclude with lyrics from "Blue Jeans," one of my favorite songs ever.
and don't give up on me yet/ dont think i'm walking out of this/ she don't mind/ whatever i say, whatever i say/ i don't really wanna change a thing/ i wanna stay this way forever.


Edit 5/20/2009: Blur have announced reunion shows and plan to add US and European dates. Yes!

No comments: