Wednesday, March 11, 2009

we're too old. we're not old, old at all.

Last night I headed over to The Black Cat to check out Nunchucks and The Antlers. It's been a while since I've seen a band live without hearing any tracks first, so I just dove in. Ronald was gracious enough to comp me on the "food stamps list" so that us poor folk can stick together and see live music. His band, Nunchucks, are a high energy rock group hailing from the DC metro area. They are a solid group and put on a great show. The songs are catchy, they have coordinated moves, and had the backstage dancin' a bit. Check them out at www.myspace.com/nunchucksrock.

The Antlers, out of Brooklyn, have a more ambient sound. Their set had a very ethereal vibe to it. During "Bear" and "Two" my eyes were glued to the stage. The vocals were tender yet strong and the instrumentation suited the songs and set a mood. Look 'em up at www.myspace.com/theantlers or stream their full album here.

1 comment:

Jacob DeBoer said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed The Antlers. It was really cool talking to you at the show. Seems like you know a lot about some great spots in the area.

PS Excuse the inanity of my "blog"

- Jacob