Wednesday, February 18, 2009

go somewhere private where we can discuss fashion.

On the heels of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week I've decided to sum it up with LISSY TRULLIE.



Trullie, hipster model turned musician, was present at the La Baron party at the Bowery. She also DJs at Paul Sevigny's hotspot Beatrice. Lissy is worth checking out just to see that not everyone in that scene is so vapid. Her songwriting skills are actually pretty decent and her voice is incredibly unique.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of New York party spots, I would also highly recommend Mr. West. One of the best hip-hop DJs I've ever heard and a pretty relaxing atmosphere make this a club frequented by Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, and Mary J. Blige when they are in town.

Most fun fashion show? I would say this is a tie between Jill Stuart and William Rast. The Jill Stuart show featured these amazing and sophisticated black lace pieces that I could see myself wearing. It also helped that The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Blonde Redhead accompanied the girls as they strutted down the runway. Justin Timberlake's line, William Rast, left something to be desired clothing-wise. The "New America" theme just didn't do it for me, but I was starstruck by the Hilton's, JC Chasez, Jessica Biel, Anna Wintour, and Carine Roitfeld.

Fashion Week was crazy, but it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Kandace said...

one day I will follow in your fashion week footsteps :)